How to prepare a resume' ?
- Always tailor your resume according to the job for which you are applying. Your resume should tell about your abilities which suit the position you apply for.
- Your resume should be informative but not descriptive. Limit to one page. Everything you state in the resume should be authentic.
- Give a summary of your professional experience in the starting of the resume. Use bold emphasize on your key skills and accomplishments.
- Emphasize on the nature of the responsibility in your last job and your accomplishments such as expanded sales to include mass market accounts or increased regional sales by 25%.
- Try to send a covering letter along with your resume.
- Do not give unnecessary details such as father's name, passport details etc.
Some More Tips:
- Make sure there are no spelling , typing or grammar mistakes.
- Do not use fancy fonts. Arial or times are the most commonly used fonts. It should not be larger than 12 and smaller than 10 points.
- Avoid using lengthy sentences. Use bullets points instead.
- Avoid using abbreviations. If you do, define them at the end.
- Consistency should be maintained. If headings are in bold then all headings should be bold only.
- Do not list present salary.
- Use good quality paper. Use the same paper for cover letter and the resume.